If you are interested in enrolling your child in Junior Infants in Taunagh National School for September 2023, you can complete an Application Form for Admission and return it to the school before the 10th March 2023.
We are planning on having an Open Day on Wednesday 15th February from 3-4p.m. where prospective pupils and their families may visit the school and meet the teachers.
We had a busy October in the Junior Room.
Re-opening of Taunagh N.S. on Tuesday, 30th August 2022
I hope you and your families had a lovely summer and are keeping well.
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome the new pupils starting Junior Infants and to those joining the Senior Room . We hope they settle in quickly to our school.
- School crests are available to purchase (€6 each) from your child’s teacher and should be sewn onto the left-hand side of the school jumper and tracksuit top. Please ensure that school jumpers and tracksuit tops are clearly labelled with your child’s name.
- School opens at 9am and class begins at 9.10 am. Please ensure that your child is on time for school to avoid missing the start of class. Pupils may line up in the playground from 9am to enter the school.
- School finishes at:
- Junior Infants finish at 12 noon for the first two weeks of school (30th August- 9th September)
- Senior Infants finish at 1.40pm (Junior Infants will finish at this time starting from Monday 12th September)
- 1st – 6th Class school finishes at 2.40 pm
- Please ensure that all books and stationery are labelled with your child’s name to avoid any confusion over personal belongings.
- P.E. will be on Thursdays. Your child should wear their school tracksuit every Thursday.
- Your child should bring a healthy lunch and drink to school every day. A small treat may be brought in on Fridays.
We are really looking forward to welcoming our children back to school.
Wishing all our families and friends a very safe and happy New Year for 2022.