Here at Taunagh N.S., we have put together a list of websites which you may find useful.
- trte.rte.ie/news2day – Children’s news from RTÉ.
- iamanartist.ie – Art ideas for the Irish curriculum.
- typingclub.com – Site for children to learn touch typing.
- studio.code.org – Site to learn more about code.
- blockly-games.appspot.com – Introduction to coding.
- scratch.mit.edu – Scratch website.
- www.topmarks.co.uk – Wide range of educational games for children.
- www.ncca.ie – Excellent selection of videos for parents helping their children.
Research and Project Work
- www.worldbookonline.com – Free access to World Book Online which is an excellent, child-friendly research tool.
- dkfindout.com – DK Find Out allows you to research a range of topics and provides quality content.
- scoilnet.ie – Irish resource portal.
- askaboutireland.ie – Site to learn about History and Geography in Ireland.
- www.duchas.ie – This is a project to digitise the National Folklore Collection of Ireland.
- amathsdictionaryforkids.com – Excellent site which provides definitions and example of key maths vocabulary.
- mathsisfun.com – Maths games on different topic areas.
- khanacademy.org – A range of Maths games.
- mangahigh.com – Tasks and games for Maths week.
- multiplication.com – Penguin Jump is a great way to practise tables.
- mathplayground.com – Number Invaders allows you to practise a specific set of tables.
- new-euro-banknotes.eu – Euro Run game to find out more about euro banknotes and coins.
- ranganna.com – Online Irish courses for all levels.
- tearma.ie – Online Irish/English dictionary.
- robo.ie – Reading exercises and activities.